PDA

View Full Version : Help with install on first use

Kamran Kazemi
02-08-2010, 06:04 AM
Hi Everyone,

We have been using the IS 2008 premier for a couple of years. We always create major upgrades and in doing so, we change the product and package codes. In our last major upgrade, we have added a new DLL into our IS project. Since addition of this DLL, our major upgrade is failing to copy files into the relevant directories on the client PCs.

The installation proceeds successfully but when it gets to copying files, it quickly goes over it and we can see that files have not been copied at all. Additionally, when we look at the properties of the shortcut that gets created on the desktop, it has "(install on first use)" in the type of application in the properties window of the shortcut.

We have developed and built the DLL file ourselves. It is a SDK library that we have created for our customers. If we remove this DLL, everything gets installed but unfortunately, we cannot remove the DLL.

I have created a verbose log file and looked at it. I am not expert in making sense out of these log files but there are no errors or failures logged. The only thing that caught my eye was the fact that it says it is entering maintenance mode and had IS_MINOR_UPGRADE="1" which is not what I was expecting.

Does anyone know what can be the problem?

Thanks in advance for all your assistance.