PDA

View Full Version : Publisher name under Programs and Features on 64 bit Windows VISTA/7

Clue.Clueless
12-08-2009, 01:36 AM
Guys,

I'm working on a InstallScript MSI Project. I'm wondering how to make the publisher name correctly displayed under Programs and Features on 64 bit Windows VISTA/7?

I searched the forum and found out the Publisher information has a lot to do with digital signature, so I went on to sign the set.exe file. When I ran it on a VISTA 64 bit system, the UAC prompt correctly displayed my company name for publisher. However, when I check the Programs and Features panel I saw that the Publisher colum is blank. I reboot the system and it didn't help. I tried both signing with Code_Sign wizard on the built set.exe file and with the Digitally Sign Setup Dialog in Release Wizard and I got the same result for both attempt.

So I got desperate and the next thing I tried was signing all the files in the package and the setup.exe file with the Digitally Sign Setup Dialog and still I got the same result. Publisher name always correct under UAC prompt, but blank under Programs and Features.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks a lot for any help.