PDA

View Full Version : ISBuild.exe problems

Alex_LucID
11-27-2009, 05:02 AM
hi,

We're using IsSABld.exe tool to build our product installation using a NANT script.
The project is a Basic MSI project, that has one release target, configured to use only WinInstaller v3.1 which should be packed inside setup.exe.
So as a result we should get a Setup.exe, .msi file, prerequisites folder and a folder with application to install.

but, when we run IsSABld.exe -p projectname.ism we're getting setup.exe, msi file and stuff for 2.0 WInInstaller (a few files alongside setup.exe). When I run created in such way setup.exe my scripts simply don't even work so the whole installation goes wrong.

During the build process I don't get any errors - just the one about putting some .tmp file into setup.exe which I suppose doesn't related to the issue.

Guys, please help! We need to find a solution asap

Thanks,
Alex

PS: here is an error that could be seen only when we're trying to build our project from a command-line:
[exec] Embedding manifest SetupExe.Admin.manifest into setup.exe
[exec] ISDEV : warning -7141: Error embedding file C:\DOCUME~1\user~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\578.tmp into ?. File ? not found.
[exec] error: Couldn't open C:\DOCUME~1\user~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\578.tmp for writing (The handle is invalid.)
[exec] Files built

Perhaps this is the problem that causes scripts dropping?