PDA

View Full Version : Very Lengthy Uninstall

BobTheBuilder
11-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Hey All,

I am currently working with Installshield 2008. I have an InstallScript based installer that uses custom actions to Install and Uninstall MSIs.

This particular installer installs 3 windows services. The installation takes 30 seconds to 1 minute to complete. Upon uninstall there are large lags that occur. Uninstall takes anywhere from 10-30 minutes. Looking at installation logs, the lags generally happen during the InstallValidate action. The lag occurs for anywhere from 5 - 10 minutes for each service. In the logs, the lag appears just before a notice that files are in use. The "FilesInUse" dialogue is not produced during the unisntall.

I have scripted modifications to actually shut down these services using "net stop" as well as remove the services using "sc delete" and still the lag occurs.

I actually believe that this is a Windows Installer issue but I'm not enirely sure. I figure the Installshield community has seen such issues and thought this would be an excellent place to get some helpful information. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!