PDA

View Full Version : Launch multiple msiexec /x during uninstall

KathyBailey
09-25-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm trying to do some cleanup on uninstallation and we have several third party apps installed, adobe reader, microsoft silverlight and a bunch of others. 5 in total. I'm trying to launch their msiexec /x {uid} /qn 's during uninstall to remove them and I'm not having much luck.

I've looked up custom actions and gone through many threads trying to get it to work and it's day two and I'm still unable to get it to function.

I have a function called UninstallAll, that is exported and I used in the custom action. I used Always execute and Do not check exit code and placed in the UI portion before Cost Finalize and the beginning of the function says if (MAINTENANCE) then ....It never fires.

Can anyone tell me the proper way to do this in detail. Some of the installshield.com articles are missing now do to switching over to Acresso, so those links are dead when I try to look it up. And I'm not finding much information on launching these during the uninstall process.

I need these to happen during MAINTENANCE mode, before or after the finish screen.

Thanks for any help.