PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade is not working properly

Chetan
05-07-2009, 04:26 AM
Hi Freinds..

We are working on Installshield 2008 Express Edition. The problem we are facing here is; as i have installed the higher version of setup then if i try to install the lower version (while taking the build it is creating setup.exe as well as setup.msi) when i click on the setup.exe nothing is happning but when i click on the setup.msi file then it will show a popup saying which is correct:

"Another Version of this product is already is installed. Instllation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Prograns on the Control Panel "

The problem i am facing is instead of setup.msi file why it is not coming on the setup.exe

And also to avoid installing the older version on higher version

i have added the Major Upgrade with some name option Under Upgrades then the same option is coming under Custom Actions and Sequences Under Behaviour and Logic and there i am setting the relevent options to avoid lower version of installation.

But still i want the above message should come on setup.exe when i click not on setup.msi

Plllzzz Help...