PDA

View Full Version : InstallAnywhere 7.1 Enterprise Edition

saikirang
04-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Hello,

We have a licensed InstallAnywhere 7.1 Enterprise Edition software that we use to create installers for a product.

We build our product installer which is done by an ant script. This is in-turn invoked by Apache Continuum for creating nightly build and installer.

I've tried invoking the installer from the ant script by two methods -

(a) invoking build.exe via ant's exec task
(b) invoking via InstallAnywhere ant task (com.zerog.ia.integration.ant.InstallAnywhereAntTask).

When this is invoked via Continuum this doesn't work. It keeps throwing the error "The evaluation period has expired."

But when I call the same ant script (any of the methods a or b) from the command-line everything works fine and the installer is created.

Does anyone know why do I get the error about evaluation expired only via Continuum ??

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--
Sai Kiran

pv7721
04-02-2009, 09:37 AM
IA is licensed on a per-user basis. So the licensing information is saved in the user's account (at least on Windows, I suspect it's the same on Linux), so maybe the user that runs the Apache Continuum is not the same as the one that runs IA from the command line.

saikirang
04-02-2009, 10:13 AM
My build environment is on Windows.

Continuum service ran as SYSTEM user earlier. I've now re-started continuum with the local user using which I login. I've started a build. Will know in an hours time :)

Thanks !!

--
Sai Kiran

saikirang
04-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Hi pv7721,

Many thanks for the help. You were right, it was a user problem. I re-started the continuum service with my local account (earlier it was using SYSTEM) and things worked fine.

Many thanks once again.

--
Sai Kiran