PDA

View Full Version : Installer Incorrects Updates ATL.DLL Reg Keys

global_mapper
02-18-2009, 12:58 PM
I have an installer built with Installshield Express 2009. When run on 32-bit XP machines, the installer is messing up the registry key for the ATL.DLL path on the system. Specifically, the 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{44EC053A-400F-11D0-9DCD-00A0C90391D3}\InprocServer32\(Default)' value is being changed from 'c:\Windows\System32\atl.dll' to 'c:\Windows\SysWow64\atl.dll', even though that folder does not exist on the machine the installation is being run on and the previous value was correct.

What is strange is that I am not using the ATL merge modules and my application does not depend on atl.dll at all, so I don't know why anything is being done with ATL.DLL by the installer. I think that the SysWow64 location is coming from where ATL.DLL lives on my 64-bit XP machine, but am clueless as to why this would be included in the installer.

I was able to search the actual .msi file created for my installer and find the explicit reference to the 'C:\Windows\SysWow64\atl.dll' file, but cannot find anywhere in the IE 2009 user interface where this is referenced. I am not explicitly adding or modifying any registry keys outside of one in HKEY_CURRENT_USER during the install.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I am stumped.

Thanks,

Mike