PDA

View Full Version : Installshield - Solaris Universal installer - Wrong disk space caliculation

shahidsk
12-30-2008, 03:39 AM
I have an issue with Universal Installer Solaris binray.The application requires only 4 MB. But, the installer throws an error that it requires 715GB, which is weird and wrong.

(Dec 19, 2008 10:23:27 AM), Install.product.install, com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$DiskSpaceCheck, wrn, WARNING: /partition has insufficient space to install the items selected. 714308.1 MB additional space would be needed to install the selected items.

(Dec 19, 2008 10:23:27 AM), Install.product.install, com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer, err, ServiceException : (error code = 315; message = "Cannot install: Check (diskspace) did not pass."; severity = 0)

It seems there is a caliculation error. And this problem is not happening on all the nodes. I doubt this might be related to specific system settings on that node.

Do I need to check any system settings?

Any pointers would be really helpful.

NOTE: This is happening on Soalris 8 and Solaris 9 nodes which are installed in a Solaris 10 sub zone.

Thanks & Regards,
Shahid