PDA

View Full Version : LaunchAnywhere for Mac not handling addtnl java options.

MonroeJ
12-10-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm running IA 8.0.1 Enterprise, and have created a project that builds a Mac installer. I've created a "LaunchAnywhere for Java Application" and have included the LaunchAnywhere property of "lax.nl.java.option.additional". In my case, this property contains multiple java options. Here's what it looks like:
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=24301 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

As you can see, they are separated by a blank space. I've also tried replacing the blank with a ":", but that isn't working either. The error I receive when trying to run the launcher is:
Error: Invalid -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=24301 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

The problem seems to be when IA creates the info.plist in the package contents for the LaunchAnywhere executable. It isn't separating the list of java options into separate tags under the <array> <string> tags. It lumps the entire list in one <string>...</string> tag. Once I edit the file manually and separate each java option into it's own <string> tag, it works.

How do I tell the "lax.nl.java.option.additional" LaunchAnywhere parameter to handle multiple options for a Mac installer? Is there some special separating character besides the blank or ":"?