PDA

View Full Version : Error Accessing Licensing Details on Linux

bozemblem
08-05-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm having the following problem on Linux (fc3) but not on Windows. What I'm doing is writing a Java program to list out all the features currently supported by the active license manager, and displaying some information I placed in the NOTICE field of the FEATURE line in the license file. My code looks like this:

ls = LicenseSource.createLicenseSource(licEnvVar, new demo(), null);
String[] featureList = ls.getFeatureList();
if (featureList != null) {
for (int i=0; i<featureList.length; i++) {
Feature[] details = ls.getFeatureDetails(featureList[i]);
System.out.println("" + featureList[i]);
for (int j=0; j<details.length; j++) {
if (details[j].getNotice() != null) {
System.out.println("" + details[j].getName() + "\t\t" + details[j].getNotice());
}

The program is able to get the feature list, but it errors out at the getFeatureDetails(...) line. It gives the following exception message:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/certicom/ecc/jcae/Certicom
at com.macrovision.flexlm.lictext.LicenseElement.doAuthenticate(Unknown Source)
at com.macrovision.flexlm.lictext.FeatureLine.authenticate(Unknown Source)
at com.macrovision.flexlm.lictext.LicenseCertificate.authenticateList(Unknown Source)
at com.macrovision.flexlm.lictext.LicenseCertificate.authenticate(Unknown Source)
at com.macrovision.flexlm.lictext.LicenseGroup.validateCertificate(Unknown Source)
at com.macrovision.flexlm.lictext.LicenseGroup.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.macrovision.flexlm.licsource.LicenseServer.getAuthenticated(Unknown Source)
at com.macrovision.flexlm.licsource.LicenseServer.getAnyFeatureDetails(Unknown Source)
at com.macrovision.flexlm.licsource.LicenseServer.getFeatureDetails(Unknown Source)
at LicenseInfo.<init>(LicenseInfo.java:34)
at LicenseInfo.main(LicenseInfo.java:57)

Again this works fine on Windows but not on Linux. The classpath and everything is set properly and that's the only error I get.

Any ideas? Thanks.

RobertDickau
08-06-2008, 10:35 AM
I see that same exception if EccpressoAll.jar isn't on the run-time class path (including being mistyped or mis-capitalized). Other than that, it seems to work fine...