PDA

View Full Version : Community Searches Show Blnak Screen

esiemiat
08-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Some searches I do on the community return a blank screen. For example "validation error code link" eventually just leads to a blank a screen, while "validate links" returns some results as expected.

This problem has occured on multiple computers, even after deleting all temporary files and rebooting the system. The OS's I have seen this on include Vista and XP, all of which were using IE7. Has anyone else experienced this?

AaronM
08-01-2008, 01:34 PM
I have noticed the same behavior. I agree that it tends to be more common occurance when having larger search text.

RobertDickau
08-01-2008, 02:03 PM
That particular search you mentioned was slow but eventually came back, though a search for just "error" returned a blank page. As a stopgap measure, using the advanced search and limiting results to, say, posts from the past year seems to work fine...

esiemiat
08-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Does anyone who manages this site monitor this forum? This issue is very annoying and just started happening recently. Can it be fixed?

esiemiat
08-12-2008, 03:46 PM
I called this into support and the rep said they will forward the issue onto the appropriate person.

tenebrae
08-18-2008, 08:47 AM
I called this into support and the rep said they will forward the issue onto the appropriate person.

Apparently they could not find that person or he/she was fired already ;) . I'm not able to search using provided search box. Luckily - the site is indexed by google... But I'd still prefer internal search to be working...

Regards,

tene

Shark75
08-19-2008, 08:51 AM
+1

I noticed it hasn't been working for ages now. It's a really important feature to get working as these community forums are far more valuable than any of the other support resources.

pv7721
08-21-2008, 04:49 AM
Could you please give an example of a search that you issue on this site and it doesn't work, but you manage to find the information using Google. AFAIK I never had any trouble using the internal search. Also, very important, what browser are you using and on what plaform? Thank you!

tenebrae
08-21-2008, 05:54 AM
Could you please give an example of a search that you issue on this site and it doesn't work, but you manage to find the information using Google. AFAIK I never had any trouble using the internal search. Also, very important, what browser are you using and on what plaform? Thank you!

Here you go: enter "support files" on the search on the site (without quotation marks). I get blank screen after a while on:
FF 3.0.1 running on Windows XP
MSIE 7.0 running on Windows XP
FF 2.0.0.16 running on Windows 2008 Enterprise x64

I get quite a bunch of results though entering
""support files" +site:community.installshield.com" into google.

Best regards,

tene

PS. In case that matters, browsing from Poland, tested on different providers. I've verified this just few minutes ago so it's still not working.

esiemiat
08-21-2008, 07:52 AM
A search that failed yesterday, and again just now, was:

"System Search" file version

I am using Vista with IE7. Also, I notice the searches that return a blank screen also seem to take a lot longer. It almost as if something is timing out.

pv7721
08-28-2008, 03:02 AM
I confirm it doesn't work with Opera 9.52 on Windows XP, while accessing from France. So it definitely looks like a problem on their side... but I think it happens only on some very specific queries, because I remember having successfully run searches on the site.

Here you go: enter "support files" on the search on the site (without quotation marks). I get blank screen after a while on:
FF 3.0.1 running on Windows XP
MSIE 7.0 running on Windows XP
FF 2.0.0.16 running on Windows 2008 Enterprise x64

I get quite a bunch of results though entering
""support files" +site:community.installshield.com" into google.

Best regards,

tene

PS. In case that matters, browsing from Poland, tested on different providers. I've verified this just few minutes ago so it's still not working.

esiemiat
09-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Has anyone noticed an improvement in community searches? Has anyone had a problem recently?

AdminCherylV
10-24-2008, 10:19 AM
The root cause of why searches have been failing has been discovered and resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and we thank you for being patient.

esiemiat
10-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Thank you. I have noticed a difference that past few days.