PDA

View Full Version : Access to "Multiple Instances" configuration through Automation objects?

nstohlma
07-29-2008, 03:00 PM
I've started to play around with the new Multiple Instances feature in InstallShield 2009 and have not been able to find any reference to these settings via the automation interface. Am I missing something obvious?

I checked in the ISWIProductConfig object first since that's where the information is located in the GUI but didn't find anything. I dug through the rest of the object model and didn't see anything, and there doesn't appear to be anything in the documentation. :confused:

Any help would be appreciated.

RobertDickau
07-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Offhand, I don't see anything; if nothing else, you can modify the ISProductConfigurationInstance table directly using MSI Automation, about which see this ancient newsletter tip (PDF warning): http://www.acresso.com/webdocuments/PDF/DEVtip.pdf.

That's assuming your .ism project file is in binary format; if it's XML format, then you'll want some sort of text manipulation.

nstohlma
07-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the reply. We're using XML formats.

Should I watch for anything besides adding new <row> elements in the ISProductConfiguration table element with nested <TD> elements with text contents set as Product Configuration, Instance Name, PropertyName1, Value, PropertyName2, Value, etc?

Seems to work, just want to be sure I'm not missing anything.