PDA

View Full Version : Use of IIS in Server Configuration

Nazman
07-28-2008, 03:03 PM
I am using IS 2009 and I have a need in my Basic MSI project to install some items into SharePoint Services 3.0 running on Windows Server 2008.

I am doing my development on Windows XP and would like to use the IIS tool in Server Configuration to "add to" and "modify" the target SharePoint 3.0 Services running on the above mentioned Server.

I have these Questions:

Can this be done?
Can I do this on an XP Development machine?
Would I need to install SP 3.0 in order to have the SP default web site show up in the IIS Tool?
If I were to create a WebSite that "looked and smelled" like the default SP 3.0 Web Site could I then make my additions and modifications so that when the installation is run on W2K8 with SP 3.0 it would make the changes to the site?
Am I able to work with Websites that "should" exist on the Target system in the Server Configuration\IIS tool?

I have searched the Help and Message Boards here but I don't see any good references to using IIS in the Server Administration for Websites that might already exist on the Target system. Does anyone have any links to references or messages?

Regards,
Nazman