PDA

View Full Version : Resetting trial ASRs

flexbud
07-24-2008, 03:49 AM
I have a trial ASR with anchors enabled I have generated with Flexnet Operations stored in a file named trial.asr. I can install this with appactutil:

appactutil -local trial.asr

I then try to reset the anchors via:

appactutil -reset trial.asr

This, however, displays an error:

Resetting trial(s) with trial.asr
ERROR: flxActCommonResetTrialASRs - (50001,89886,0)

In order to QA our licensing processes with anchored trials, I do need to be able to reset the anchors. Consulting the docs, I see 50001 means "bad parameter", but 89886 is completely undocumented. Given the relatively simple arguments for the reset trial ASRs command, I can't see how I'm specifying something incorrectly.

Does this work? Is there another way to reset trial ASRs so our QA group can test?

RobertDickau
07-24-2008, 08:19 AM
In order to be resettable, I believe a trial ASR needs this in the DataDictionary/Entries section:
<Entry>
<Key>PUBLISHER_TRIAL_RESET</Key>
<Value>1</Value>
</Entry>I'm not sure FLEXnet Operations supports that switch, but that information can be added to the ASR, followed by re-signing it with XMLSign...

(Please compare, for example, the two ASRs in the licensing toolkit directory .../examples/ezcalc/30day_trial/.)

flexbud
07-25-2008, 11:25 AM
Thanks Robert. That worked like a charm. I'll follow up with Acresso on getting FNO to set that particular option.

andrew