PDA

View Full Version : HOWTO: Modifying Sd Dialog Box Source Files

mrspreadsheet
07-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Hi,

I want to make the "Company" field optional in the SdRegisterUser dialog. I followed the instructions in

http://kb.acresso.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalID=Q101169

(Q101169: HOWTO: Modifying Sd Dialog Box Source Files) but it seems that the SdRegisterUserDlg.rul doesn't re-compile.

Any changes to the file have no effect. My hunch was that I needed to re-compile this manually, and I did so using the "compile.exe" command. But now, what do I do with the new file that's generated sdregisteruserdlg.inx?

Is there another way to do this automatically, or some other solution because this is tedious and takes too long... Am I doing something wrong?

I'm using InstallShield 2009 Premier version.

Please help. Thank you!

DevinEllingson
07-17-2008, 04:51 AM
What compile errors are you seeing?

Devin Ellingson
Software Developer
Accresso Software

mrspreadsheet
07-17-2008, 01:26 PM
There is no compile error. The file compiles fine with 0 errors, 0 warnings.

However, judging from the KB article, this should be done automatically.. No manual compilation required. The funny thing is I might as well delete the sdregisteruserdlg.rul file, the IDE doesn't care about it as far I can tell. Am I doing something wrong? This should be fairly straightforward, not?

I thought a bit about this so I created a library file from the compiled .rul file using: compile SdRegisterUserDlg.obs -l

but when I include the new sdregisteruserdlg.obl file in the project the "Next" button is not enabled when Company field is empty. Still having the same problem.

DevinEllingson
07-18-2008, 12:07 PM
You don't have compile the file manually, just copy the code into your script file (setup.rul) then customize the code, the customized version will be used automatically.

Devin Ellingson
Software Developer
Acresso Software

mrspreadsheet
07-18-2008, 12:11 PM
It seems like a good idea, thanks.