PDA

View Full Version : Spam

Christopher Painter
05-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Ok, it's official, the spam problem is officially out of control. This forum is becoming about as useless as a competing installation tools mailing list.

I don't know how, but something must be done.

Christopher Painter
05-25-2008, 07:31 AM
Outstanding

pv7721
05-27-2008, 10:37 AM
I second that: I've seen a new type of posting spam: an user registers then posts the same identical post containing links in several random threads in different forums. When I see such a new poster with 5+ posts I check all his posts and I systematically report all of them. But it's a little annoying to have to wait 60 seconds between two reports. I have to go to do something else for a minute and it is a well known fact that as soon as you switch your brain goes to something else, therefore sometimes I forgot I was reporting spammers posts, and I come back after an hour!...

pv7721
06-05-2008, 08:14 AM
Acresso Software forum admins, would it be please possible to remove the 60 seconds between two consecutive reports (if you won't do for everybody, which I can perfectly understand, then do it, if possible, at least for users that help you by reporting spammer posts! Thank you!

AdminCherylV
06-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the feedback and reporting spam as it comes through. We realize spam is a problem on the community and we are trying to reduce the amount that comes in. The delay to report posts has been modified and should be significantly lower now.

Christopher Painter
06-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Is there an improved CAPTCHA or something that can be deployed?

AdminCherylV
06-11-2008, 11:54 AM
We're not running the latest version of vBulletin and plan on updating to that soon. Hopefully that will help some. I'm also sifting through some of vBulletin's forums to see if there is anything else we can do to try to reduce the amount of spam we are getting. It seems that many vBulletin users are getting hit hard with bots so this is not just an Acresso issue. We will never be able to fully stop spam but we can at least try to minimize it as best we can and still make the community usable.

Legend
06-15-2008, 11:59 AM
darn this had to happen now becuase im having a problem with my installshield and idk what version it is or anything.. joined to get some help =/ dumb spammers