PDA

View Full Version : DuplicateFile Table

Tim Mayert
02-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Okay I think I know the answer to this one already, but figured I would ask anyways.

I have some files that need to go into a few different folders so what we did was simply made a shared folder to throw all the files so that we did not have to include them in many different locations. I had to set the AppPaths to make it so some of the apps would find these files and work and that was ok. But now I have some apps that need to be triggered by my install as well as a few more that need the files to be all in the same folders.

So what I wanted to do is just use the DuplicateFile table to copy the files where I need them. The problem comes from the fact that these files are part of a different dependency merge module and therefore are not in the current installer project. So can DuplicateFile be used to copy files that are not in it's own project? Can you copy files from some other folder, that is in the directory table, to the current INSTALLDIR?

Thanks,

RobertDickau
02-27-2008, 05:19 PM
Please see the MSI help topics "DuplicateFile Table" and "MoveFile Table"; the former requires files to be in the current project, the latter does not.