PDA

View Full Version : Deferred Custom Actions

lpuchmayer
01-23-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm currently evaluating InstallShield 2008 Express and in the process am converting some installations I have previously built using InstallShield Developer 8.0 (the fact that I can't pull those .ism files into 2008 Express just makes this harder, but that is a different issue). The question I have deals with Custom Actions, specifically deferred custom actions. I have some deferred CAs that need to be passed some information from the installation for which in the past I've used Type 51 custom actions. From what I can see in the CA section of the 2008 Express UI the choices I have for the type of CA is limited and does not include a Type 51 CA. Am I missing something or would I have to use InstallShield 2008 Professional or Premier to be able to author this type of behavior?

DebbieL
01-24-2008, 08:59 AM
That is correct. The Express edition has support for only a few custom action types, and type 51 is not one of them. The Express edition also does not have a Property Manager view or a Direct Editor view, both of which were available in InstallShield Developer 8 and are available in InstallShield 2008 Professional and Premier editions. For more details on differences between the various editions, see Upgrading from Other InstallShield Editions (http://helpnet.macrovision.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?tpc=/robo/projects/installshield14helplib/UpgradingFromOtherInstallShieldEditions.htm).

Note that you would be able to open your InstallShield Developer 8 .ism project file in the Premier edition or Professional edition of InstallShield 2008. The Express edition does not support .ism files.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation

tcraghu
04-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Hi,
I have scheduled a deferred action to execute after ScheduleReboot. Custom Action is not getting invoke.Please help me
using InstallShield 12
raghu

DebbieL
04-09-2008, 08:13 AM
What is the custom action supposed to do? Did you try logging the installation to see if a log gives you any clues?

tcraghu
04-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Hi,
Its a VB Script that display one messagebox "calling" nothing else in that.
I see its not getting called at all.

Regards,
Raghu

hidenori
04-10-2008, 06:13 PM
If you sequence your action BEFORE the ScheduleReboot, is it called?