PDA

View Full Version : Cannot find LIBPLC4.DLL

adkman
11-20-2007, 11:10 AM
When trying to build an install, I first got an error message complaining that SIGNTOOL.EXE could not be found. As per an item I found in the knowledgebase I have installed the file.

Now when building I get the following error:

"signtool.exe: The application has failed to start because libplc4.dll was not found."

Is there some required package that needs to be installed?

DebbieL
11-21-2007, 10:09 AM
It sounds like the Network Security Services version of Signtool.exe may require Netscape Portable Runtime (NSPR). Here's the NSPR download:
<removed wrong link>

Does that resolve the issue?

Thanks,
Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation

adkman
11-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Hi Debbie,

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with this. There are no libraries there. It appears to be source code. I'm not finding anything in there telling me how to generate the libraries. There don't appear to be any library binaries on the NPSR website that I can install either.

I guess I don't understand why I need a third-party tool to make your product install and run?

DebbieL
11-22-2007, 09:42 AM
adkman,

Sorry about that!

From what I understand, the Network Security Services version of Signtool.exe can no longer be redistributed with InstallShield because of legal reasons. However, InstallShield users who use Netscape support in their installation projects can download Signtool.exe directly from the mozilla.org site for use with InstallShield. While this isn't a perfect solution, it still seems to be a better solution than removing the Netscape-related settings entirely from InstallShield.

In a newsgroup, I saw mention of a missing libplc4.dll file for NSS, and the resolution was to get the NSPR package. It sounds like libplc4.dll is an NSPR DLL. In my efforts to hurry to help you try to resolve the issue that you reported, I must have posted the wrong link. Right now, I can't seem to find a download for NSPR. I'll do some more research and post back here.

Regards,
Debbie

adkman
11-26-2007, 09:58 AM
I would appreciate that Debbie. I didn't have any luck locating the DLLs. I guess I'm on hold until there's a resolution to this.

Thanks!

DebbieL
11-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Sorry for the delay. Here's a link to a download that contains NSPR, including the libplc4.dll file:
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/nspr/releases/v4.6/WINNT5.0_OPT.OBJ/nspr-4.6.zip

Does that resolve the issue?

Thanks!
Debbie

adkman
12-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Thanks Debbie. I've had to redirect my energy for the time being. It looks like the necessary files are there. I'll post my results when I can.

Thanks