PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista Mainfest activation?

Vaal_Install
10-18-2007, 01:31 AM
Hello all,

I am using InstallShield2008 Premier Edition and created InstallScript project. This project works well with XP but whenever I try to install on VISTA it gives me message that I need Administrative access. I have read all help and all the article on the VITSA and I realized that this is UAC issue but how do I give user prompt to log on as admin and install my product. In the Installshield help it is written that if I make setup launcher setting yes then it would add Windows Vista Mainfest which would elevate the prompt for the admin but I am not able to find where do I make this settings. If any one could help me it would be great.

The Main Issue : How to make installer work on Standard user login on VISTA with admin prompt dialogue?

Thanks in advance
Vaal_Installer

DebbieL
10-19-2007, 08:23 AM
Try this:

In the View List under Media, click Releases.
Select the release that you want to configure.
Click the Setup.exe tab.
Set the Required Execution Level setting to Administrator.

I hope that helps.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation

P.S. I recommend posting questions about the Premier and Professional editions of InstallShield in the following forum, rather than in this Express edition forum: http://community.installshield.com/forumdisplay.php?f=223
(The Express edition doesn't have support for InstallScript, so Express edition users may not be able to help you out.)