PDA

View Full Version : Dialog editor crash while trying to edit dialog added language

arsirantala
07-17-2007, 01:33 AM
Hi,

Product: Installshield Premier 2008.
Package type: Basic MSI

In our installation package the Hindi language is needed to be supported as well.

Here's what I did to get to appear as a selectable language in installation project:

I followed the instructions in here: http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q106687

Since Hindi isn't available from Tools/Add New language, I had to make it shown by adding the language lcdid to the registry (see ss1.gif). After that I did the steps mentioned in article (above link). that is:

duplicate 0409 directory in redist directory and rename it (in this case to 0439 as this is lcdid for Hindi in hexadecimal format)
duplicate 0409.ini file in support directory and rename it to 0439.ini
edit 0439.ini file's first line of text so that there is instead of 0409.ini a text 0439.ini
i duplicated 1052.txt file in languages directory, and renamed it to 1081.txt (not sure was this really needed)
edited the langs.ini file in support directory so it'll include text "1081=Installed"
added "Hindi=439" text to sections [1033], [1031] to languages.dat in support directory.

Now when I try to choose in dialog editor any of the dialogs and Hindi language it'll make the IDE crash.

Any ideas how to fix this?

arsirantala
07-18-2007, 04:30 AM
Any ideas how to get this fixed guys? I heard from collegue (sp?) that Hindi wouldn't be supported language in vista. So his opinion was that if Hindi language would be wanted to be included, then a language with certainty it wouldn't be used in future would be faked to be as Hindi.

In past languages with Lcdid with 5 digits were not supported. so such were faked to be language which wasn't included in the package.

So maybe the crashing is due that its not supported in vista?

arsirantala
07-19-2007, 06:13 AM
I saved the project file to Installshield 11 version, and did the adding of Hindi language first to our Installshield 11 premier version - according to the guide above.

Took Tools / Add new language (in installshield 11 premier) chose the converted project, saw Hindi in the language list, went to the dialogs editing section in IS 11 and program crashed - like in IS 12 premier. :(