PDA

View Full Version : Custom Action Minimized

JimRich
06-27-2007, 04:16 PM
I have a custom action in my install that runs when it should, but it runs minimized only showing on the taskbar. If I click on it, it shows up on the screen and runs like it is supposed to. Does anybody know why it runs minimized?

Masterjaffa
06-28-2007, 06:11 AM
On which windows version does that happen?

Greetings,
MJ :)

praveendanam
06-28-2007, 06:14 AM
hai,

please elaborate your doubt. it doesnt seem clear

-praveen

I have a custom action in my install that runs when it should, but it runs minimized only showing on the taskbar. If I click on it, it shows up on the screen and runs like it is supposed to. Does anybody know why it runs minimized?

JimRich
06-28-2007, 07:18 AM
The problem happens when installing on Vista, it runs correctly on XP pro.

Masterjaffa
06-28-2007, 07:36 AM
I have a problem that a custom action exe on Vista runs behind the installshield window instead of in front...
so maybe your window is not minimized but behind the installshield window and so not visible if the window is smaller than the one of installshield...

Greetings,
MJ :)

JimRich
06-28-2007, 09:17 AM
You are correct, it is running behind the Installshield screen, it is not actually minimized. Of course, now the question is how do I get in front of the installshield screen? Under XP Pro it appears in front like I want, its just under Vista that the problem occurs.

JimRich
06-28-2007, 10:02 AM
You are correct, the custom action is running behind the installshield screen, not minimized. So now the question is how do I get my custom action to run in front of Installshield? It works OK under XP, the problem only occurs under VIsta