PDA

View Full Version : Error 1335 and multiple install folders

richscreenplay
06-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Two machines in-house we have gotten an error 1335 during installation. (Two other machines have not received this error. Examining the install logs I discovered that the installer on these machines were treating the as the root directory. So the install log had the following entries

MSI (s) (58:AC) [18:18:01:904]: Note: 1: 2318 2: C:\Program Files\Write Brothers, Inc\Movie Magic Screenwriter 6\Program Files\Write Brothers, Inc\Movie Magic Screenwriter 6\Documents and Settings\QA_Tester\My Documents\ScreenwriterDocuments\Templates\Instructional Templates\Generic Comic Template.def [I]MSI (s) (58:AC) [18:18:01:904]: Note: 1: 1335 2: Data1.cab
Error 1335.The cabinet file 'Data1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

Notice the multiple program file paths (in Red) and that file is suppoesed to be installed to the users 'My Documents" folders (in Blue)

If I look further up the log I see this.

MSI (c) (94:DC) [18:17:25:059]: Creating MSIHANDLE (33) of type 790542 for thread 3548
MSI (c) (94:08) [18:17:25:059]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL:

I do not have a DLL based Custom Action

which is followed by several entries similar to the one below.

MSI (c) (94!04) [18:17:25:059]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Modifying DRIVERS1.FE17ABC2_0B33_4B96_9B7B_FBE30F7829E4 property. Its current value is 'C:\Drivers\'. Its new value: 'C:\Program Files\Write Brothers, Inc\Movie Magic Screenwriter 6\Drivers\'.
As you can see it is changing the root drive to the [InstallDir] property.

I am attaching the LogFile. Any help I can as soon as possible would be appreciated.

richscreenplay
06-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Is there anybody from the company there? I just rebuilt the Installer from scratch only to find this problem happening again on this persons machine.

Besides that I discovered that deleting something in the project does not delete it in the msi database. I have had open the .ise in Orca on several occasions, because deleting something that was incorrect in the project did not get rid of it.

As far as I can tell the program has some serious bugs. I personally find spending have the cost of the program to deal with an issue that from all appearances is a bug in the program is ridiculous.

Is there anybody that could at least look at what is going on?