PDA

View Full Version : Convert to 64-bit InstallShield

rslangham
06-19-2007, 02:52 PM
I have a 32-bit Basic MSI and using InstallShield 2008 Professional. I am needing to convert the install to a 64-bit. I have read the Installing 64-bit Applications document from InstallShield and did the primary steps of setting the Template Summary to x64;1033 and also setting the Components to 64-bit.

But, the issue is that in the 'Destination computer folder's' area of InstallShield I do not have the folder option for PorgramFiles64Folder. All the folders are still the 32-bit versions, e.g. ProgramFilesFolder. If I right click the Destination Computer and select Show Predefined Folder, I do not have the option for the ProgramFiles64Folder.

How do I get InstallShield to update for this option? If I install the app it is installed in the c:\Program Files (x86) directory.

Also, is the more standard to specify the Template Summary as x64 or as Intel64?

Thanks

rslangham
06-19-2007, 03:49 PM
One item failed to mention, the InstallShield 2008 Professional project was created by importing in a previous InstallShield 11.5 Express project. I noticed that if I started the install from scratch that the ProgramFiles64Folder was present. So, this must be some bug or issue with importing in an Express project.

I just decided to re-create the entire Install from scratch to get around this ;(

joshstechnij
06-21-2007, 02:09 PM
If ProgramFiles64Folder is not present in your project, you could add it to the Directory table in the Direct Editor view using the following information for a new row in the table:
Directory: ProgramFiles64Folder
Directory_Parent: TARGETDIR
DefaultDir: .:Prog64~1|Program Files 64

For the Template Summary, x64 represents the AMD64/Intel EM64T style 64-bit processors. Intel64 represents the Itanium style 64-bit processors. Two different MSI packages will be needed if you would like to target both platforms as only one can be specified.