PDA

View Full Version : InstallShield Express 12 Training

drosson
06-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Hello, I'm new here...

I have tried to search around this community but have not found any other threads regarding this specific subject. So I am starting a new one...

I see there are some training or books listed for InstallShield Express 11 but I would like to know if there will be a "Learning InstallShield Express 12" version coming out soon.

Also, is there a comparison chart somewhere I haven't found, listing the differences between the versions? Say comparing 11 Express to 12 Express?? Would there be enough major differences between the two to NOT get the one for 11 Express and wait or would it be worth the time to wait?

Thanks in advance for any helpful information,

lostboy
06-20-2007, 09:32 AM
Macrovision already conducts training on IS12 (I don't think they do v11 training anymore, but other training centers might). I'm afraid I can't compare the previous versions, since I've never used IS until v12.

drosson
06-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the response.. I do realize they have training classes for the Installshield 12, unfortunately I have missed the latest one and it isn't offered again soon enough and close enough to attend. Also, since the Express editions are a scaled down version the training would cover items that would not pertain to me and just end up wasting my time unless my Employer is willing to upgrade to the full version. (This would really be an unnecessary added expense at this time for what we need.)

My question is about the training books for the Express Versions. Macrovision offers one for the 11.5 Express but I need one for the 12 Express. I did finally find a comparison chart on another site so I can see what has changed.

Check out the following site I found with comparisons:
http://www.pds-site.com/macrovision/InstallShield/win/comparison.htm#modules

So I want to know how soon a training manual will be available for the current Installshield 12 Express.

Thanks again for any help or information given.

Have a great day,