PDA

View Full Version : Silent installation with progress bar

swapna
06-07-2007, 06:19 AM
Can Someonehelp me how to do silent mode installation and uninstallation with the progressbar. I am using InstallscriptandMsi project with installshield 10.5. It could be greatful if you help me in this....

TsungH
06-07-2007, 08:57 PM
You will want to repost your question in forums designated for version 10.5. Express Edition does not support InstallScript, hence, no InstallScript MSI project type.

parmarpritesh
06-08-2007, 12:51 AM
Hi

if you want to install an MSI silent with minimum user interaction and only progress bar than you can use following command line..

MSIEXEC /i <MSI file name with path> /qb

This will show only progress bar during installation.

...Pritesh:)

TsungH
06-08-2007, 09:30 PM
InstallScript MSI setups require running through setup.exe by default. Without some modifications to the MSI file (I don't remember the exact details), evoking msiexec.exe with the MSI file with the quiet mode switch will run into installation runtime error. I believe there is a KB article on how to do that, if swapna wants to do a search at Support (http://support.installshield.com/).

swapna
06-12-2007, 02:06 AM
i have tried with the command mentioned below but i did not get the progress bar which i am displaying in the normal mode ,so can you please help in getting the progress bar which i am displaying in normal mode should be displayed in silent mode installation .It would be greatful if you help me in this.......