PDA

View Full Version : Error 4354 After Upg Express 11 to 12

lburrett
06-01-2007, 08:40 AM
I've just upgraded from Express v11 to v12, primarily to gain Vista support for our apps.

I'm getting problems in the first project I have converted from 11 to 12 - when I try and build the project I get COM extraction warning(4354) on 18 files - I can run the old .ise through ISX 11 on the same machine and not get these errors. I've made no changes to the project apart from selecting Vista compatibility.

I can't see any new flags that I've missed - I'm running on W2003 server and have add the IDX IDE to the Data Execution Prevention options on the server as per another thread but that's made no difference.

Going back to ISX11 for now but need the upgrade for Vista compatibility - anyone got nay clues as to where to look next.

Regards,

Lee.

lburrett
06-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Still getting no joy in finding this problem - nobody had similar issues when upgrading from v11 to v12?

Regards,

Lee.

lburrett
06-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Have done a bit of digging and have found the two different versions of RegSpyUI that came with version 11 and 12.

Ttrying both programs on the same file produces two separate results - the RegSpyUI from version 11 extracts a load of information from the file - the version 12 version extracts nothing which is what I'm seeing within the full IE Express.

I've (hopefully) enclosed two files which are extracts from the two different versions - these have been done on the same PC at the same time with no changes to any files in between.

Could the fact I have ISX 11 and 12 installed on the same PC be causing the problem?

Any responses would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Lee.

larrymci
06-20-2007, 08:52 AM
I also cannot extract COM info using Installshield Express 12 under Vista unless I turn User Account Control OFF and reboot. My new machine has only ISX 12 whereas my old machine has both ISX 11 and 12 so maybe that is why it worked on my old machine. At any rate, it is URGENT that Macrovision provide a fix!

lburrett
06-21-2007, 02:54 AM
Larry,

The following thread pointed me in the right direction - after I made the registry change it all works ok. Would be nice to see it fixed in a future release though.

http://community.macrovision.com/showthread.php?t=162467&highlight=4354

HTH,

Lee.