PDA

View Full Version : Merge Module files Not installing

steven_evans
05-30-2007, 06:43 AM
Hi,
I am having a problem installing files from merge modules created with Visual Studio 2005. Is there a know issue with 2005 murge models?

Christopher Painter
05-30-2007, 07:39 AM
There are many known issues with VS2005 VDPROJ MM's. The first one that comes to mind is that it doesn't properly author the Directory table. You'll define a retargetable dir and it's missing the `.` so that when you associate the targetdir to installdir your files literally go to a subfolder called Module Retargetable Folder #1 ( or something like that ).

Also if you don't make the association the directory table parent won't resolve so your folders will go to the root of one of your hard drives. When you add the MM to the feature, hit the drop down to make the link.

steven_evans
05-30-2007, 08:28 AM
I am not sure what you mean. There are to places to add a 'link' one on the destination tab and one on the properties grid. which on do iset and what value should it have.

Most of the files are for installation in to the gac but none of these files appear is this 'path; issue causing that probelm?

microbrain
06-11-2007, 03:41 AM
Hi Steven,

I was facing same problem in my Visual Basic 6 Project. When I scan dependencies it has added merge module Microsoft Data Access Component 2.7.

When I Install Project in Win98 System it installed & worked properly. But When I Install project in WinXp System, it was displaying automation error. I found that one of the file msadox.dll was not there.

So I manually added this file & in property I specified self-registration and build project and it starts work properly.

May this help you !

Sanjay Shah