PDA

View Full Version : Signing required password

carsten
05-08-2007, 01:46 AM
When using the Digital signing in ISX 12 it pop-up asking for a password. This means that we cannot use the ISX 12 script in automatic builds.

Why don't you use the same signing method as for patches where the password is build into a file?

-cpede

carsten
05-09-2007, 02:17 AM
For patches you have a field for the password, and it works great!

Another and maybe more easy solution is to use a PFX file!

But maybe you don't develop on this product anymore?

-cpede

carsten
05-14-2007, 01:03 AM
It also seems that the inner MSI file is not correctly signed?

When I just create a MSI file as output, and sign the file manually using standard sign tools, it works fine.

When using the build-in ISX signing and creating a setup.exe I get a AUC erro during uninstall, indicating that the base MSI file saved for the setup is not signed correctly?

-cpede

jnikkels
05-23-2007, 04:40 AM
It is not possible to enter a password in the Release properties page. But you can enter a password in the Release Wizard. And that password is stored in the .ism file (encrypted). This will work with command line builds.

carsten
05-23-2007, 07:19 AM
I looked for the Release Wizard and I found one in the Project Assistant. Here I could enter a password. But, I this case when I build from the ISX user interface, it works without the need of entering the password. but when I run a command line build it still asks for the password! :(
-cpede