PDA

View Full Version : Custom Action won't run under Vista

JimRich
05-03-2007, 01:20 PM
I have a custom action that works fine under XP but doesn't work under Vista, comes up with error 1721. The .exe file is put in the project under Setup FIles, Disk1 so it ends up being in a folder off the root directory of the install CD. The Custom action is placed after "After Setup COmplete Success dialog". Its setup has Source Location =FIle Exists on Targer Computer,
File location = Blank , File NAme and Command Line = ALexpress\ALinstal.exe
Does anybody know why this doesn't work under Vista?

TheHouz
05-04-2007, 04:01 PM
I have placed everything I need for custom actions in [supportdir] and execute from there. They have all worked in Vista.

JimRich
05-07-2007, 08:03 AM
Can I add a folder to [SUPPORTDIR]? The custom action I'm trying to do uses some files in the Root directory and some in a folder. I can't figure out how to add the folder.

TheHouz
05-08-2007, 07:55 AM
In Define Setup Requirements and Actions, select Setup Files, then under Support Files, Select English. This is where the files can be put. Then in your custom actions, reference the files as being on the target computer in the [supportdir]. You can put anything you like here.

Can I add a folder to [SUPPORTDIR]? The custom action I'm trying to do uses some files in the Root directory and some in a folder. I can't figure out how to add the folder.

priyas
05-14-2007, 06:49 AM
Hi,
Custom Actions RUN everywhere except when attached to run after " SetupCompleteSuccess dialog".
An InstallScript custom action may not successfully launch from the [OK] button control on the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog. This is because the custom action ISCleanupSuccess is executed before the custom action is executed. ISCleanupSuccess removes the InstallScript engine from memory, and the InstallScript custom action will not launch successfully.

So there are options where this can be done successfully, but...