PDA

View Full Version : Question for TsungH

Zookeeper64
04-30-2007, 09:01 AM
TsungH, sorry for contacting you this way but I can't seem to get any help on a problem I'm having with ISE X and you seem to be someone who really knows the product. Could you have a look at my post at http://community.macrovision.com/showthread.php?t=167574 and let me know if you have any suggestions? Thanks!

Zookeeper
05-28-2007, 06:36 PM
OK, I'm almost there. The available points for custom actions during uninstall are "After Initialization (before first dialog)", "After Maintenance Welcome dialog", "After maintenance Type dialog", "After Ready to Remove Dialog", "Before System Changes", "After Setup Progress dialog", "After System Changes", and "After Setup Complete Success dialog".

I tried having my app run at the 4 points and the uninstall wouldn't run it. I finally tried having it run at the "Before System Changes" point and it ran. The problem now is that any return code other than zero results in the following error message being displayed to the user:

"Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

I don't want an error displayed! I just want the uninstall to halt. My app is a trialware product and I want to display a "last chance offer" to the user if they uninstall without purchasing. My app makes a discounted offer giving the user the opportunity to either cancel the uninstall or continue with it. But it seems that the only way to do this is to have the uninstall display the above error message to the user. Is there any other way to do this?