PDA

View Full Version : How to refresh add/remove programs?

wind11011
04-06-2007, 02:52 AM
my installer is Basic Msi project(InstallShield 12 Premier edition). when finished installing, i use ScheduleReboot to prompt user to restart computer. on Windows xp, when i uninstall it from add/remove programs, the icon of the product disappears automaticly; but on Windows Vista, the icon will not disappear until i manually refresh the add/remove programs. Can anyone tell me why or how to refresh it in my installer please?

Sincerely.:confused:

tschley
04-06-2007, 08:21 AM
I'm having a similar problem with InstallShield v12 Premier that seems to be an InstallShield BUG. My project type is InstallScript MSI, uses the SdCustomerInformation dialog and the OnUninstall function in the script file. If the installation is done for "Anyone who uses this computer", the uninstall works fine and the Add/Remove list refreshes normally. If the installation is done for "Only for me", the Add/Remove list DOES NOT refresh after uninstall finishes. I have confirmed that this problem did not exist in InstallShield v11.

ussraf
01-24-2010, 10:13 PM
Oh, yes, I had the same problem, the Add/Remove Program panel won't refresh, anyone can explain? Are there workarounds?

tschley
01-25-2010, 11:16 AM
After replacing OnUninstall with OnMaintUIBefore and OnMaintUIAfter in the script file, this problems goes away.

ussraf
01-25-2010, 09:15 PM
After replacing OnUninstall with OnMaintUIBefore and OnMaintUIAfter in the script file, this problems goes away.

Oh, but very unfortunately I'm using Basic MSI project, not an install script project.. Is there similar thing in Basic MSI?

Thanks.