PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Installation

dishmann
04-05-2007, 09:43 PM
My First InstallSheild Project.

Using VS 2005 to create Mobile Device Project

Added InstallSheild Mobile installation wizard to create project.

Seems that the build went ok. I seen a bunch of cab files. This makes sense from other "install" wizards I've used before.
But I was expecting to see a "setup.exe" that would actually deploy the proper cab file to the target device.

There is no documentation that shows a "mobile device" installation built from start to end and explains what happens.

I need some one to show me where in the documentation is tells me how to take the next steps to getting a mobile device installation that "really" will install to a mobile device.

davidh
04-06-2007, 01:02 PM
There are (basically) two ways to create mobile setups with InstallShield:
1. Smart Device Setup Wizard
2. Basic MSI Project, then use the Mobile Devices view

Option 2 will add support to automatically call ActiveSync to install the cabs onto a mobile device that is attached to the PC. That sounds like what you want.

So, create a Basic MSI project, then configure things via the Mobile Devices view.

LThomas999
04-27-2007, 04:27 PM
By Basic MSI did davidh mean to create an Express Project? I can't seem to find this Mobile Device view he was talking about. Did this suggestion work for you and how do I find it in the Express version.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

LThomas999
04-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Sorry, I found the mobile devices view in the Express Project.

Thanks anyway.

davidh
04-27-2007, 04:43 PM
Sorry for the confusion, the Express project is 'basically' :) a Basic MSI project. Basic MSI being a project type with the Pro\Premier versions of the product.