PDA

View Full Version : Can I install VC++ 2005 redistributable(vcredist_x86.exe)automatically by 12 Express?

jettaime
04-04-2007, 02:18 AM
Hi,
I'm using InstallShield 12 Express evaluation edition.
My install project includes .exe files made from Visual Studio 2005 Professional. After adding files and checking dependencies(static & dynamic), InstallShield automatically includes some redistributables.
But when I install by setup.exe, I meet the error message like below.
"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect.Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."
If I run manually vcredist_x86.exe from Visual studio 2005 install directory, the program success to start.

My question is, can InstallShield(12 express) install VC++ 2005 redistributable(vcredist_x86.exe) automatically?

Carl Cook
04-08-2007, 10:57 AM
Is there a reason this question went unanswered??

Why isn't there a VB 2005 setup wizard in Installshield 12 Express?

How am I supposed to do that? By hand?

bryanwolf
04-09-2007, 08:50 AM
The dependency scanner does its best to grab as much as possible. However, it should be considered a tool and like all tools they have their limitations unfortunately.

You can verify that it did/did not include the merge module by going to the Redistributables view in the Installation Designer tab and looking for the VC8 runtime merge modules. They should be at the bottom of the list.

If the right ones aren't included then you can install those.