PDA

View Full Version : Install Shield can't find .NET Compact Framework CABS

btolnas
03-05-2007, 10:33 PM
I'm trying to build a smartdevice installer. I get error messages such as the one below about CAB files specified in NetCF.ini

ISEXP : warning -7126: No cab file is specified for 'Windows CE .NET 4.x, SH4' in the file 'C:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS12 Express\Support\NetCF.ini' for 'Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 2.0'.

I have never seen this before and it doesn't seem to be covered in the knowledge base or docs. The CAB do in fact exist in their regular places in my Visual Studio 8 installation:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE\wce500\sh4\NETCFv2.wce5.sh4

How do I get InstallShield to find them there and use them?

UPDATE: I had moved the directory containing these InstallShield projects from one drive to another. I tried putting them back into the same absolute path they were created in and the problem was resolved, but this means I can't keep the project on a different drive (with more free space) unless I recreate the projects from scratch. I view this as a usability bug in InstallShield. As the project files themselves are not human readable/editable I can't simply go in and change what appear to be inappropriate absolute instead of relative paths someplace.

Thanks for any help,

Barry Tolnas
Director Special Projects
American Cancer Society Online Team
btolnas@acm.org