PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Install Framework 2.0 from setup.exe

JamesJay
02-09-2007, 04:11 PM
I am trying to create a simple installation project for a simple .net application. I have had zero success at getting the installation to install Framework 2.0 on a machine with no Framework version previously installed.

I have been able to do this when getting the Framwork downloaded from the web, however this app will be installed on machines that don't have access to the web.

I have the following settings:
MSI Engine Version: Version 3.1 or 2.0 (best fit for system)
MSI Engine Location: Evtract Engine From Setup.exe
Include Setup.exe: Yes
Include MSI Engine(s): Both 9x and NT Engines
.NET Framework Location: Extract From Setup.exe
.NET Framework Version: .NET 2.0

When run, I get the following error messages:
"Windows cannot find 'C:\DOCUME~1\James\LOCALS~1\Temp\{EC710CC6-DC3F-4F60-A78E-AC8F420A8A13}\1033dotnetredist.exe'"
and
"1155: Error installing Microsoft(R).NET Framework. File %s not found."

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

JamesJay
02-12-2007, 02:10 PM
I understand that Vista has a new framework version, 3.0. That being the case, I would think that the copy of InstallShield Express that I bought last month would have the files necessary to install Framework version 2.0. That, pathetically, is not the case.

I rebuilt my installation to install .NET Framework Version .NET 1.1 and the installation ran perfectly. Of course, my app won't execute because it's looking for version 2.0.

I'm going on a hunt now to see if I can find the correct file to download but I would really appreciate it if any IS people reading this can get back to me quickly with the correct file.

JamesJay
02-12-2007, 02:11 PM
I don't suppose I could get a discount on the purchase price, seeing as you gave me an obsolete product?

JamesJay
02-12-2007, 02:57 PM
OK, it's working. Here's how.
After looking around Macrovision Community, Google Groups, etc. for an answer I decided to reinstall IS Express. I put in the CD. It asked if I wanted to save the setup.exe to my hard drive. I said yes but then the setup.exe copied to my hard drive failed. Figures.

I opened the CD for browsing. I started to double click setup.exe on D:\Installs when I noticed a dotnetfx20.exe in the folder. I compared it to the dotnetfx20.exe in the C:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS12 Express\Redist\0409\i386 and saw that they were different sizes. I copied the file from D:\Installs to the C:\... path and the installed worked.

I'll repeat my request for a partial refund for the purchase price of this product. I shouldn't have to fix your software without compensation. I have a difficult enough time fixing my own software. Not a happy customer of Macrovision.