PDA

View Full Version : SP1 for Express12?

brucef
02-09-2007, 12:12 PM
I notice they've released Service Pack 1 for the full version of Installshield. Are there plans to release a service pack for Express addressing Vista issues? I'm especially interested in the IIS integration - right now you have to turn on IIS 5/6 compatibility to get things to install at all.
TIA

DebbieL
02-12-2007, 12:55 PM
Adding IIS 7 support in InstallShield is a priority, and it will be addressed in the future.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation

P.S. Service Pack 1 for the Premier and Professional editions of InstallShield does not include support for IIS 7.

shurbetr
04-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Adding IIS 7 support in InstallShield is a priority, and it will be addressed in the future.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation

P.S. Service Pack 1 for the Premier and Professional editions of InstallShield does not include support for IIS 7.

Will you or will you not be releasing SP 1 for Express 12? And if not, how can you possibly justify not providing purchasers of Express 12 a SINGLE UPDATE for their trouble?

shurbetr
04-28-2007, 12:40 PM
If you purchased InstallShield 12 Express, please leave a list of the ADVERTISED FEATURES that do not work on Windows Vista as a reply to this post.

JTanner3
04-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Glad I found this post. I was about to purchase IS-12 Express but will go with something else since Macrovision's customer service has gone to hell in a handbasket since they accquired InstallShield. :mad:

I think A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT is a good idea. I have a brother and a son that are attorneys. I'm going to pass this on to them and let them take a look.
:mad:

LeftSeat
04-30-2007, 04:55 AM
Class Action Lawsuit! Now there's a thought. Tragic how so few expressions with the word "class" in it can inspire passion in the ring tone generation. Nearly as tragic as when a busload full of lawyers drives off a mountain and there is one empty seat.

If anyone is going forward with this - please, leave me out. Especially the part where I have to fill out a form and pay postage to be excluded from the suit. Now, if there's an attorney out there who wants to bring a class action suit to reverse that procedure, to where you have to fill out a form and pay postage to be included in a suit, count me in!