PDA

View Full Version : Tuner not working??

SteveoChicago
02-08-2007, 11:08 AM
I'm using AdminStudio v8 and when I launch Tuner I choose the msi file and in my case its for Visio 2003.

I then Browse and name the MST file in the same folder as the msi.

I check Response Transform and leave the command line properties blank.

When I click Create, the msi is launched, flashes the install but doesn't allow me to choose any options to configure Visio and simply creates the transform without any of the changes that I want. It worked as advertised before I upgraded to v8.

any thoughts?

Thx,
Steve

LeslieEaster
02-08-2007, 01:48 PM
I don't the internals of Visio 2003 but if the InstallUISequence doesn't use standard MSI-formed dialogs you'd see this kind of behavior. However, if you're saying that it used to work but now doesn't that would be a different story. You may want to try creating the transform from within the Editor and see if that makes a difference.

SteveoChicago
02-08-2007, 04:31 PM
So my Project 2003 and Visio 2003 msi files both act that way. It's like they go through the UI screens and I'm not clicking Next or Cancel or get any chance to change any configurations. I tried creating a transform for another app (iGrafx) and that works. Like I said earlier, I was able to create transforms for the MS apps before upgrading my AS to v8. Something in AS must have changed to deal with some msi differently.

I tried to create a transform in Editor but it was looking for two msi's to compare and create the transfrom from the difference. I think I might re-install AS v7.5 on my other PC and try again.

Thanks

LeslieEaster
02-09-2007, 05:59 AM
That is odd. Are you using the Transform project? Where does it ask for a second msi?