PDA

View Full Version : Install on vista-- lots of warnings

Tailslide
02-07-2007, 11:28 PM
I have an install package that works great in XP but when I go to run it under vista, it pops up with that vista message saying the install failed and it needs to restart the install with compatibility settings or somesuch. I think this is because I included .net 1.1 with the install because it doesn't happen on another machine I have that already had 1.1 on it.

Also, halfway through the install, it prompts and says an unknown program needs administrator access.

Finally, my program won't run under vista unless I go into it's properties and pick 'run as admin' but I can't find any way of setting up the install to automatically set this property.

Is there some way of cleaning this up so it doesn't look like we are some kind of rampaging virus when we install? Does installshield have some kind of built in support for signing installs? Would this help?

DebbieL
02-12-2007, 09:05 AM
You may need to change the value of the Required Execution Level setting in the Build Your Releases view. Here's a link to a help topic that has more information about the properties in the Build Your Releases view:
http://helpnet.macrovision.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?tpc=/robo/projects/isxhelp12/IHelpISXBuildProperties.htm

I hope that helps.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation

Tailslide
02-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Thanks Debbie! We were able to modify our application so it doesn't need to be run as administrator, and now if this setting helps with the messages during install we should be all good.