PDA

View Full Version : Queries for built-in ACE rules?

Andrew Carr
02-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Are the sql queries for the built-in ACE rules available? The isconflict.ace file appears to be some sort of compiled executable. It would be useful to leverage some of the built in logic in putting together custom rules for our environment.

Are there any places where people have posted their own custom rules? I haven't come across any in my searches.

LeslieEaster
02-07-2007, 07:12 PM
That's a good question. I haven't seen any that are available. My guess is that for the most part the existing ACE tests are not simple SQL queries. On the other hand, the only custom ACE tests that I've seen are rather simple--checking for Desktop shortcuts or query for pre-existing properties.

LeslieEaster
02-09-2007, 09:35 AM
I take that back. There is a debug switch that you can enable. Enabling the debug switch creates a debugging log of the SQL statement for each ACE rule.

For AdminStudio 8.0, the registry key is created at installtime and looks something like this:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\InstallShield\AdminStudio\ConflictSolver\8.0\Main

VName=AceDebug
VData=PathAndNameOfLog.txt

The log output is something along the lines of:

----------------------------------------------
ACE03
----------------------------------------------

SELECT DISTINCT csmsiComponent.Component, csmsiComponent.ComponentId, csmsiComponent."RowID" FROM csmsiComponent WHERE csmsiComponent.PkgRowID_ = 1

Maybe that will help,

Andrew Carr
02-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Thanks Leslie, brilliant find!