PDA

View Full Version : Custom action after a Repair

PauloOhio
01-26-2007, 09:31 AM
I have a custom action that occurs during installation after Setup Complete Success dialog. I want this custom action to also occur after the user performs a repair from maintenance mode. I am having trouble finding information on Maintenance mode as it relates to InstallShield 12 Express. I was wondering if anybody knew how to perform a custom action only after a repair. Any information is greatly appretiated.

Thanks

bryanwolf
01-26-2007, 10:00 AM
InstallShield Express doesn't really provide an interface for repair-time custom actions.

If you were working with 12, something like this would be possible, but still somewhat tough.

PauloOhio
01-26-2007, 11:33 AM
I am not sure if this is possible but could I ...

Create a custom action during uninstallation after Maintenance Type dialog which would look at the _IsMaintenance property and save the value to a variable or a file. Then I can add a custom action during uninstallation after Setup Complete Success dialog which would check if the saved value of the _IsMaintenance property equals Reinstall. If it does, I would then run the custom action that ran during installation after setup complete success dialog.