PDA

View Full Version : Error installing VC8.0 merge modules

GregKhra
01-22-2007, 12:25 PM
Since I have added VC8 merge modules, I am getting the following error during installation:
"1: ALLUSERS property is not 1 -this MSM cannot be used for a per-user or fallback-to-per-user install"
I found the project settings and added "ALLUSERS=1" to MSIEXEC.EXE arguments, but it did not help. Does anyone know a workaround?

The merge modules are:
Visual C++ 8.0 ATL and CRT, version 8.0.50727.42

Gregory

GregKhra
01-23-2007, 11:16 AM
After much experimenting I discovered what was causing the error message, but it's strange. I deleted all the files from the project, then all other redistributables (except VC8) and the message remained . Fortunately it was reproduceable. Yet when I created a new project and added the same files and redistributables. including VC8, no errors appeared. Finally I found that the error message disappears when I remove the Upgrade Paths (I had a couple Upgrade Paths pointing to the earlier versions of the product).

It seems to fix the problem, but I don't understand why.
Gregory

RickyXing
01-25-2007, 07:55 PM
I have same problem, but what's the "Upgrade Paths" you said. I can't find it in my project. what is it? Thanks!

GregKhra
01-30-2007, 10:53 AM
Open your project in the Installation Designer. Upgrade Paths are located after Setup Types (also you can search Help for "upgrade paths").
Gregory