PDA

View Full Version : MsiNetAssembly in installshield express 12

j-in-nz
01-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Hi,

I want to detect if .net 1 or 2 exists. I did a search & know that I have to use MsiNetAssemblySupport property in a launch condition. Where do i set this launch condition in installshield Express12? Create new launch condition under 'Features' only allows me to search the registry & the files system. Am I missing something?

JOAT-MON
01-17-2007, 08:16 PM
I believe you can detect .Net 1 and .Net 2 through the registry by looking to see if the 'Install' key is set to 1 under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\version where version is the version you are checking for.

I don't know if this is the best way to do it...hope it helps.

j-in-nz
01-17-2007, 08:59 PM
at which point do i check the registry? If I create this option as a feature & if the registry does not contain the framework, the framework needs to be installed before the .net app.
I don't know where to add this feature

JOAT-MON
01-18-2007, 12:41 PM
I am not familiar with Express12, but if there is an action or section for Launch conditions, I would do my search there. Otherwise, you will want to get a response from someone else. Sorry...

j-in-nz
01-18-2007, 08:21 PM
thank you for your responses.
I can add a launch condition using the express edition. The only problem I'm having here is i can create a condition to search for the .net framework in the registry but how do i tie that condition to the dotnetfx installation only and not the other application files.
In my release mode i can select the .net version required to but at which stage is my launch called. I don't want to abort installation if not found, i want to install dotnet, then the rest of the application files

thanks