PDA

View Full Version : MSDE Redistributable

jethomas
01-10-2007, 01:00 PM
I want to include the MSDE redistributable so I set the Build Location to "Extract from Setup.exe" and yet when I build as Single Image, it still creates a directory that contains the install files inside a separate folder instead of packing them all into one file (Setup.exe), which is what I need in order for this to work.

jethomas
01-10-2007, 03:25 PM
As a last resort, I'm attempting to download the install files instead of packing them in the setup.exe file since that wasn't working. Only when the installer goes to download them, it receives an error! The error appears right when it's about to install MSDE as a pending requirement:

An error occurred while downloading the file http://saturn.installshield.com/devestudio/setuprequirements/redirect/032906/Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (MSDE 2000) SP3a.prq. What would you like to do? Retry or Cancel

Is there some kind of workaround?

jethomas
01-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Seems that ANY and ALL of the redistributables that I choose end up creating a separate folder instead of inside the Setup.exe.

Anyone from macrovision know if this is an error or not?!

It is easy to repeat, simply create a new express project, open the Redistributables, change the drop-down at the top to Setup Prerequisite, choose one from the list (i choose microsoft sql server desktop engine (msde 2000)). Right click and choose properties and select "Extract from Setup.exe". Then build your installation as a Single Image and you get a Setup.exe along with a folder (i.e. the msde is NOT included in the setup!)and when you install with Setup.exe, it tries to download MSDE and comes up with an error. Details of the error were given in the last message. What gives?