PDA

View Full Version : Dynamically linked files

appstrategy
01-09-2007, 04:21 PM
I am having a problem with linking files dynamically with IS 11.5 Express. First, I used to be able to drag and drop folders from the source computer's folders to the destination computers folder and I would immediate get an option (from a popup) to dynamically link the files or not. I no longer automatically get this option. Is there a way to get this automatic option back? Second, when I try to dynamically link by right-clicking the destination folder and selecting Dynamic File Linking and browsing to the Source folder, the folder that is linked is not the one I browsed to, but the folder beneath it. What is going on here? Is my only option to put the folder I actually want linked into another folder and linking that one or is there an easier option?

ze_netio
02-18-2007, 07:35 AM
I also have the same problem. Now I no longer can select dynamic link when I drag a file to file windows. I already deleted all files and tried to add again but the dynamic link option is disabled. One thing that I did was change the path variable in environment to test if IS could deal correctly. As expected it set files to zero size. When I changed the environment variables back to the correct value the file size values remained 0. Seems that IS can not refresh the view and see that the path link is correct now. A weird behavior.
What to do now?
www.byteshift.com