PDA

View Full Version : Cannot install installshield express 12

h.hasenack
12-04-2006, 05:45 AM
:mad:
"An error occured while downloading the file http://www.installengine.com/vert05/dotnetfx/dotnetfx.exe"
What would you like to do

[Retry] [Cancel]

~~~
1) Dotnet is already installed
2) Retry doesn't help
3) Cancel simply closes the setup

Any idea's? server busy? I turned off my firewall but it doen't help.

Ping www.installengine.com turns up 67.106.83.99, but request gives time-out

Running WinXP 64 bit pro on AMD dual athlon.
Plenty mem & diskspace.
Admin rights.

WAN trough ADSL connection which obvioulsy works, as I was able to downloade ISX12 and add this message ;>

bryanwolf
12-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Please try downloading:

.NET 2.0
.NET 2.0 J#

and it will resolve this error message.

h.hasenack
12-04-2006, 11:15 AM
So I guess setup script of installshield did not detect I am running WinXP 64 bit pro an tried downloading the wrong dotnetfx.exe

After installing .net 2.0 redist, it successfully downloaded and installed J#

And installation completed.. :) :)

recloser
12-04-2006, 12:37 PM
I have no idea which version of InstallShield I am operating on, but the program info. was updated as of Feb. 2003 if that helps. I am running on Windows 2000 Professional and this computer used to be a part of a network, but is now free standing. Everytime i try to install a new program (Word Perfect 12 especially), InstallShield gives me "Error 1606" and is still looking for the server. How do I get rid of any traces of the former server and/or bypass this problem? PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,

Kara

DebbieL
12-06-2006, 09:36 AM
You might want to try the solution that is described in this article:
http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=q110724

If that does not resolve the problem, you'll need to contact the software vendor.

(The InstallShield Communities are forums for people who are using InstallShield to create installations, not for people who use those installations.)