PDA

View Full Version : BUG with MS SQL Server Express 2005

AndreasI
12-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Hi All,

has anybody made it to create a single Setup File with "MS SQL Server 2005 Express" as Setup Prerequisites?

If I choose to create a single File... The SQL Server is not extracted to the Setup File... it is a seperate Folder. Does anybody have a sollution fo that?

Thank you

Andy

bryanwolf
12-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Just as a sanity check, if you right-click on the prereq and go to properties, you should be able to select the Setup Prereq to extract from setup.exe.

AndreasI
12-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Yes... But this doesn´t work! It still creates a seperate Directory! Seems as the proberty does not work!

bkeppler
12-05-2006, 12:19 PM
I have wanted the same thing and have run into the same problem. I can't seem to make IS bind up a setup prerequisite into my setup.exe so that there are no external files referenced. It always, no matter what you do to the settings, creates a [ISSetupPrerequisites] folder and puts the prerequisites in them. This probably isn't very useful to you, but I have spent at least a little time looking for a solution and haven't found one, so you aren't alone.

jethomas
01-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Can anyone from Macrovision comment on this? I have the same issue. My SQL Server 2005 Prerequisite does not get archived into the Setup.exe even though i choose "Extract from Setup.exe" in the properties. Has anyone found a solution?

SvetlanaT
02-21-2008, 02:41 PM
This is for IS12, but hopefully this helps:

When making a setup.exe that you want to include prerequisites into.

1. go to the redistributable table, right-click the prerequisite you want to include: choose Properties and set it to "extract from setup.exe" (when I did that - it wasn't enough, but it might be necessary, I didn't check)

2. (what made it actually work) In Media folder, to go Releases, select the SingleExeImage (or whatever you called it) so you can see all the options - towards the bottom of the list there is a "Setup Prerequisites Location" option - set it to "Extract from Setup.exe".
Edit/Delete Message