PDA

View Full Version : Large setup.exe for small WM5.0 apps

Archer
12-02-2006, 10:52 AM
I am making an installer setup.exe for WM5.0 apps and the CAB files are only 300kb but the installer setup.exe's are many MB's in size. I have tried every setting I can think of but can't get it down to a reasonable size. I am not using the mobile device installer because my users want to run a setup.exe from their PC and have everything installed automatically on their connected device. Otherwise I would just send them a CAB file. I am using the Express Project and configuring the mobile device in that project. Any ideas???

davidh
12-08-2006, 05:43 PM
Perhaps you are building more cabs than you need to. If that is the case, go to the Files panel of the mobile wizard, click properties for the files, and choose the 'processor\platform' independent option on the 'processor\platform' tab. Then, you can check to see how many cab files are build after you can run a built. You'll find the cab files here (example):
C:\InstallShield Express Projects\My Project Name-1\Express\SingleImage\CEApps\AppName1

You can also reduce the size of setup.exe in the 'Build your release' view. For instance, choose to download the MSI engine instead of extracting it from setup.exe.