PDA

View Full Version : web deployment without signing

talljames
11-27-2006, 07:01 AM
Hi All, I am trying to use webdeployment without signing ie selecting no for signing in the relevant page. Does anyone know whether this actually works? or do you have to have a security file, etc from Verisign etc.

regards
James :)

talljames
11-30-2006, 06:53 AM
I guess my question was a bit lacking in detail. So here are some more details:

Web deployment allows you to post your build up to a web site so that customers can download and install. With the signing option you obtain certain files from places like verisign which gives your customers confidence in their download. This signing option is obtained by selecting yes in the drop down selection box on the build page (you can build as cdrom, image, etc.).

Now there is an option for selecting no, but it does not seem to work and the user is still prompted with no signature provided. So, my question is does this no option work? Hope there are some express users out there that are familiar with the web deployment option.

regards
James

talljames
12-06-2006, 08:18 PM
Have written to Macrovision twice now for an answer on this and no reply yet although I am confident I will get some sort of response. All I want to know is can I turn the signing option off on the web deployment build option. If I can then there is a bug in my installshield. If someone out there could do a webdeployment build on a program and let me know if it works when you select no for web delployment signing, it would be greatly appreciated.

regards
James :)